Child benefit

Child benefit
All children are entitled to a child benefit up until their 18th birthday. And in some circumstances, you may be entitled to the child benefit even beyond the 18th birthday. Applications for the child benefit are available at the employment agency (Agentur für Arbeit) in Heilbronn or online from the homepage of the Federal Employment Agency (Bundesagentur für Arbeit). Send the completed application to the Familienkasse Baden-Württemberg Ost in Tauberbischofsheim.

More Information

Children's allowance
Single parents and parents are entitled to children’s allowance in the following circumstances:

  • their children are unmarried
  • their children are under the age of 25 years
  • their children live at home
  • they receive the child benefit for these children
  • the parents' monthly income reaches the minimum income level
  • income and assets to be considered do not exceed the maximum income level and
  • the family's requirements will be covered through payment of children's allowance and hence there is no entitlement to unemployment benefit II/social benefit (Arbeitslosengeld II/Sozialgeld).